CCTV & Surveillance – Media Sponsor: Security Media Publishing – Day 1
1350 - 1355 Chairperson Opening, Mr Tom Reeve, Editor, CCTV Image
1355 – 1415 Automatic Number Plate Recognition - Denying Criminals Use of the Roads
· From read to arrest – how ANPR works
· Crime pattern analysis and ANPR
· Applications for ANPR in the commercial sector
· Mr Adrian Cadd, Head of Sales and Marketing, NDI Recognition Systems
1415 – 1435 Benefits of Video Surveillance for Mobile Urban applications
• What is COFDM Technology and why it has benefits for Urban Surveillance
• Comparison of mobile surveillance technologies
• Performance characteristics of Point-to-Point surveillance links
• Performance characteristics of IP Mesh surveillance links
Dr Marcus Penny, Senior Solution Manager, Cobham Surveillance
1435 – 1455 Wireless & Blue Tooth Surveillance – Meeting the Challenge!
· Intelligence Gathering
· Smart Phones, Smart Networks, SMART VILLANS!
· Using WiFi technology to fill in the gaps
· Blue Tooth surveillance can defeat the security of Skype
Mr Jim Pates, Managing Director, Airtrace
1455 – 1515 Protection of critical infrastructure with infrared imaging
· Thermal and non thermal infrared imaging
· Choosing the right wavelength for the situation
· Results of Belcoast : NATO demonstration defence against terrorism
Mr Martin Ghillemyn, Application Manager, Xenics
1515 – 1535 Development in Surveillance Vehicles & Surveillance Equipment
· Conversion of vehicles for covert surveillance purposes ie: Insulation, heating & power source
· Installation of specialist equipment for various operations
· Developments in Surveillance Equipment – cameras, AV transmission, digital recording and accessories
Mr Derek Myers, Project Director, GammaTSE
1535 - 1555 Understanding Video Analytics
· What is it
· How does it work
· What is it good at and what is it not good at?
· What does the future hold?
Mr Geoff Thiel, CEO, VCA Technology
1555 – 1615 Efficient solutions for video surveillance using HiRes Digital IP systems
• The benefits of a true IP System & Analogue vs Digital
• Effective CCTV. It’s all about image quality
• Why HiRes? – Does more pixels mean less cameras?
• Efficient use of camera technology. 360o cameras. The future is now
Mr Mike Lewis, Country Manager – UK & Eire, MOBOTIX
1615 – 1635 21st Century Surveillance’ an overview of technology from a practical technical, commercial and strategic perspective.
· Comparison of traditional security and surveillance technology and techniques against modern alternatives
· Examples of practical converged networks
· Advantages of future technologies and techniques
Mr Matthew Wood, Technical & Sales Director, Tellemachus
1635 – 1655 Why is first rate technology not an industry norm?
· Are body-worn camcorders any good?
· 640X480 or 1920X1080 pixels?
· Is video file size a problem?
· What field-of-view?
· Is a national standard needed?
Mr Lee Tracey, Director, Panoptec
1655 – 1700 Session Summary and Chairperson Close